Cuisine: North Indian | Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 – 25 minutes | Total Time: 30 – 35 minutes | Serve: 4 | Level of Cooking: Moderate | Taste: Spicy
Kamal Kakdi or Lotus Stem or Bhasinda is served and cooked in different style all across the globe. Mostly the recipes are dry, however I have used Lotus Stems to prepare the most delicious and healthy Chaap. Although whenever we heard of Chaap, in vegetarian recipe, first thought cross our mind is Soya Chaap. Well here I have prepared Chaap prepared with Lotus Stem, and I have named this recipe as “Kamal Kakdi Ki Chaap” (कमल ककड़ी की चाप) which is inviting to not only vegetarians but also to Non- vegetarians, they would find this chaap to the level of Finger licking. This chaap is different as I am serving it soaked in gravy which makes it more tempting.
Let’s have a quick look on the list of the Ingredients used to prepare Kamal Kakdi Ki Chaap :
- Lotus Stem or Kamal Kakdi 2 peeled and cleaned properly (कमल ककड़ी)
- Carrots Grated 2 (दो कसी हुई गाजर)
- Gram Flour 2 tea spoon
- Big Tomatoes 2 grated (दो बड़े टमाटर)
- Big onion 2 grated (दो प्याज़)
- Dry Fenugreek leaves (कसूरी मेथी)
- Cumin seeds ¼ teaspoon (जीरा)
- Turmeric Powder ½ teaspoon (हल्दी पाउडर)
- Dry Coriander Powder 1 tea spoon (धानिया पाउडर)
- Paste- Garlic, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves 2, bay leaf 1 (लहसुन, सफ़ेद इलाइची, तेज पत्ता, लाल इलाइची, दो लौंग)
- Oil to fry.
- Salt to taste
*Please note the Juice extract
d from grated Carrots and Kamal Kakdi, shall be used while preparing gravy for the chaap.
Method: My video is an easy cooking tutorial for you with quick and easy steps to follow in order to give you a better understanding.
Stuck somewhere? Need not be bothered. Just mention your query. I shall revert as soon as possible.